QUICHE WITH RICOTTA & ASPARAGUS
Prep Time :20 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Serves : 6
• Savoury Gluten-free Pie Crust
*BeFree Wrap or Wrap of Choice
• 180g Ricotta*
• 40g Fat Free Greek Style Yoghurt
• 2 eggs
• 80g Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese*
• 4 asparagus spears
• 2 mushrooms
• 60g Ham
• 1/2tsp parsley
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 1/4 tsp nutmeg
1. Dice the ham and slice the mushrooms. Cut off the stems of the asparagus. Slice the asparagus in half lengthwise.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C
3. Spray some frylight butter oil all over a 9 inch spring form pan. Cut a piece of parchment paper into a circle and place it over the the bottom of the spring form pan. This will make it easier to take the quiche off the pan.
4. Add the wrap to the bottom of the pan, you may have to cut your wrap to get it to fit around the edges of the wall of the pan.
5. In a large bowl, add the ricotta and fat free Greek style yoghurt Whip together with a whisk until nice and creamy. Add the eggs and whisk again. Add the mushrooms, ham, spices and 1/2 the cheddar to the cream and mix again.
6. Pour the quiche liquid inside the pie crust. Top with the last half of the cheddar cheese and place the sliced asparagus over the egg mixture.
7. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes. Let completely cool before taking it out of its pan.
8. When it’s completely cooled, carefully run a knife around the sides. They should already be pretty loose by spraying the oil in the beginning. Push the quiche out of the pan and it’s ready to serve!! You can eat it hot or cold and it’s guaranteed to be extremely delicious!
Grilled Cheese & Avacado Sandwich
• 2 slices bread (Gluten Free Sourdough Bread)
• 1 tbsp butter*
• 20g of cheddar cheese
• 1/2 Avacado *
For the buffalo sauce: (4 Servings)
• 1 tbsp cider vinegar
• 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• ¼ tsp celery salt
• 3 level tbsp hot chilli pepper sauce*
• 1 level tbsp sweetener
Make your grilled cheese: butter both slices of bread on one side. Then, on the opposite side of one piece, add mashed avocado. Add the cheese on top of the avocado spread, then the last piece of bread butter side up. Mix together the buffalo sauce ingredients and set aside.
Cook sandwich until cheese is melted, approximately 2 minutes per side.
Chicken, Cranberry & Pinenut Salad
• 2 skinless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
• 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cucumber, halved lengthwise, sliced
• 1 tbsp fresh basil, coarsely chopped
• 2 1/2 tbsp of dried cranberries
• 10 oz romaine lettuce, washed and torn
• 3 Tbsp of Reduced Fat Balsamic Dressing
• 1 tsp of garlic clove, minced or garlic in brine
• Salt, to taste
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 2 tbsp pine nuts*
Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together reduced fat balsamic dressing, honey and minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over salad mixture and toss gently.
Sprinkle with pine nuts. Chill before serving.