Nora’s Kitchen Recipes – Keeping you Slim for Winter
If you’re not sure what to do with your turkey and potato leftovers from the big day, why not turn them into a Free festive fakeaway? | 30 minutes | Serves 4
If you like a creamier curry, sprinkle a bowl of fat-free natural yoghurt with ground cumin or cinnamon and serve on the side, so everyone can help themselves. Just bear in mind this dish will no longer be dairy-free if you do.
● Low-calorie cooking spray
● 1 large onion, roughly chopped
● 1 red pepper, halved, deseeded and thickly sliced
● 1 yellow pepper, halved, deseeded and thickly sliced
● 1 orange pepper, halved, deseeded and thickly sliced
● 1 level tbsp medium curry powder*
● 1cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
● 4 garlic cloves, crushed
● 400g can chopped tomatoes
● 200ml hot chicken stock
● 500g leftover lean turkey, skin
and visible fat removed, cut into chunks
● 400g leftover potatoes, cooked without fat, cut into chunks
● Small handful fresh coriander,
roughly chopped, plus sprigs to serve
● *Watch out for spice/seasoning blends that have added ingredients (like sugar, oil or starch). To protect your weight loss, count ½ Syn per level tsp/1½ Syns per level tbsp.
1.Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and peppers and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until the veg is starting to soften and brown slightly. Stir in the curry powder, ginger and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
2.Add the tomatoes and stock, then bring to the boil over a high heat and bubble for 5 minutes.
everything is heated through.
3.Turn the heat to low, stir in the turkey and potatoes and cook for 6-8 minutes or until everything is heated through.
4.Season lightly, scatter over the chopped coriander, garnish with the sprigs and serve hot, with plain boiled rice or Speed veg.